BACTdent Plus / BUCCOscreen
Periodontitis is mainly caused by anaerobic bacteria and can be fostered by genetic factors and other underlying causes (life style and chronic diseases). Identifying these bacteria (BACTOdent) and analyzing the genetic predisposition to cytokines overproduction (DENTYgen) will help prevent and treat periodontitis.
- Molecular test for the specific identification of the pathogens that cause periodontitis
- The sample will be collected from the gingival pocket with a special tip.
- Analysis of the genetic predisposition to IL-1 overproduction
- A buccal swab is used to perform the genetic analysis.
- BUCCOscreen combines the analysis of the periodontopathogenic marker bacteria with BACTOdent Plus and additionally the specific analysis of the genetic predisposition using our DENTYgen.
For the analysis of DENTYgen and BUCCOscreen a signed consent form for genetic analysis is necessary. If only BACTOdent Plus is ordered a consent form for genetic analysis is not necessary.